Across the country, health care providers are on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic. We applaud your commitment to providing the best care to your patients during this unprecedented time, especially seniors, nursing home residents and people with chronic conditions. The Health Quality Innovation Network (HQIN) is here to support you with resources, education and guidance.
COVID-19 News & Resources
- Interactive Global Real-Time Map of Confirmed Coronavirus Cases – Johns Hopkins University
- National CMS/CDC Nursing Home COVID-19 Training
- CMS Toolkit on State Actions to Mitigate COVID-19 Prevalence in Nursing Homes
- CMS Coronavirus Partner Toolkit
- HHS COVID-19 Workforce Virtual Toolkit
- Elsevier’s COVID-19 Healthcare Hub – Toolkits for Health Care Professionals
- National Institute for Health Care Management Foundation’s COVID-19 & Vulnerable Populations resource list
- Brandeis Opioid Resource Connector
Patient & Caregiver Resources
- Administration for Community Living COVID-19 Resources
- John A. Hartford Foundation COVID-19 Resources for Older Adults, Family Caregivers & Health Care Providers
- Health Literacy Project at Harvard Medical School COVID-19 Fact Sheets in 30+ languages
- Planetree International Webinar: Let’s Talk About Person-Centered Care During Pandemics
- CMS Long-Term Care Nursing Homes Telehealth and Telemedicine Toolkit
- CMS Medicare Telemedicine Health Care Provider Fact Sheet
- Mid-Atlantic Telehealth Resource Center (MATRC) Telehealth Resources for COVID-19
Rural Health Resources
- Federal Office of Rural Health Policy – COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions
- National Rural Health Association COVID-19 Resources
- Rural Health Information Hub – Rural Response to COVID-19
Mental Health Resources
- Mental Health America COVID-19 Information and Resources
- National Academy of Medicine Resources to Support Clinician Health & Well-Being
- Curated Library about Opioid Use for Decision Makers (CLOUD) COVID-19 resources
- American Society of Health System Pharmacists (ASHP) COVID-19 Resources
- American Pharmacists Association (APhA) Pharmacists’ Guide to Coronavirus
- National Community Pharmacists Association (NCPA) Coronavirus Information
Infection Prevention Resources
- Duke Infection Control Outreach Network (DICON) COVID-19 Infection Prevention Resources (materials temporarily free of charge)
- Association for Professionals in Infection Prevention (APIC) free resources:
- KDHE’s COVID-19 Resource Center offers resources and guidance for health care facilities and public health workers, long-term care facilities, individuals/families and others. An epidemiology hotline is also available at 1-877-427-7317
- KDHE’s COVID-19 Updates web page features the latest testing results, weekly video updates and FAQs from KDHE Secretary Lee Norman, M.D. and the latest updates from Governor Laura Kelly.
- KDHE’s COVID-10 Guide for Small and Critical Access Hospitals provides infection prevention strategies, triage for testing, and care recommendations and strategies for dealing with potential personal protective equipment shortages.
- Kansas Healthcare Collaborative’s Coronavirus Resources for Kansas web page provides quick links to additional KDHE and CDC resources, specimen collection and testing and clinical care guidance, infection control and PPE guidance and information, and resources and information for home care and specialty physicians.
- The DHSS COVID-19 Outbreak home page provides the latest testing results. A 24-hour information hotline is available at 877-435-8411 and questions are also answered through the DHHS COVID-19 online chat.
- The DHSS Health Care Professionals web page offers resources and guidance for home health, hospice, long-term care facilities, EMS personnel and other health care providers.
- The Missouri Department of Mental Health offers a variety of resources to help health care providers maintain their well-being and the well-being of their patients during the outbreak.
- The Missouri Health Care Association created a Comprehensive COVID-19 Toolkit which consolidates informaiton and resources from a variety of organizations.
- The Missouri Telehealth Network‘s COVID-19 Extension for Community Healthcare Outcomes (ECHO) provides up-to-date information and support for health care providers across Missouri.
South Carolina Resources
- DHEC’s Resources & Guidance web page offers specific resources for health care professionals, facilities and first responders.
- DHEC’s COVID-19 educational outreach materials are available for community use and include fact sheets in English, Spanish and simplified Chinese.
- DHEC’s Telehealth Virtual Care Providers web page lists providers throughout the state that are offering telehealth visits.
- The South Carolina Board of Pharmacy issued orders related to permitting and practice during the public health emergency.
- VDH’s Coronavirus web page for health professionals includes guidance and information for providers, EMS and long-term care facilities.
- The Medical Society of Virginia’s Coronavirus Disease 2019 web page offers clinician resources, patient and office protocols, education for clinicians, resources for patients, and information about telehealth/telemedicine.
- The Virginia Board of Pharmacy developed emergency provisions for the duration of the public health emergency. The Board’s website is updated regularly.
- The Virginia Hospital & Healthcare Association’s Hospital COVID-19 Dashboard provides up-to-date statistics on the number of COVID-19 hospitalizations across the Commonwealth, ventilator use, current hospital bed availability, and metrics on the number of hospitals experiencing challenges obtaining or replenishing inventories of PPE and other needed medical supplies. The site is updated daily.
- The Virginia Rural Health Association’s COVID Resources for Healthcare Professionals web page offers resources for rural health clinics, telehealth resources and more.
General Information & Updates
- Coronavirus.gov – Provides the latest information about COVID-19 prevention, symptoms and answers to common questions.
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Current Emergencies Website – Provides a complete and updated list of CMS actions and other information specific to CMS.