With the rollout of the COVID-19 vaccine beginning in the United States, The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has put forth important materials from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) regarding information about vaccine training, safety, administering the vaccine, storage and handling, patient education, and frequently asked questions. Access these resources below.
COVID-19 Vaccine Resources
- COVID-19 Vaccination Communication Toolkit — Medical centers, clinics, and clinicians can use or adapt these ready-made materials to build confidence about COVID-19 vaccination among healthcare teams and staff. This toolkit also provides resources that can be used to educate patients and answer questions about the vaccines.
- Best Practices on Vaccine Storage and Handling – An Addendum with best practices and other resources has been added to CDC’s Vaccine Storage and Handling Toolkit to assist COVID-19 vaccination providers with proper storage and handling of COVID-19 vaccines and aims to help providers meet the requirements of the COVID-19 Vaccination Program Provider Agreement. The Addendum will be updated with specific information for each COVID-19 product. You may sign up for email updates anytime the toolkit is updated.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Training Module for HCP – A new web-on-demand module, COVID-19 Vaccine Training Module for Healthcare Providers, is now available for healthcare providers who will be administering the COVID-19 vaccine. The training includes information about COVID-19 vaccine emergency use authorizations, vaccine safety, and general information about vaccine storage, handling, administration, and reporting.
Access these additional CDC materials about the vaccine recommendation process, vaccine safety, and the Pharmacy Partnership for Long-Term Care Program:
- How CDC is Making Vaccine Recommendations
- Ensuring COVID-19 Vaccines Work
- Ensuring the Safety of COVID-19 Vaccines in the United States (includes material about V-SAFE, VAERS, Vaccine Safety Datalink, among other topics)
- Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 Vaccination
- Pharmacy Partnership for Long-Term Care Program FAQs
- COVID-19 Vaccination Reporting Data Systems
- EARLY RELEASE: The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices’ Interim Recommendation for Use of Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine – United States, December 2020
- Importance of COVID-19 Vaccination for Residents of Long-term Care Facilities
- Post Vaccine Considerations for Healthcare Personnel
- Post Vaccine Considerations for Residents