Safely using and disposing of pain medications protects you, your loved ones and your community. The Mind Your Meds program is designed for caregivers and older adults like you! It can help increase your confidence about managing your medications and disposing those that you no longer use or that are expired.
Mind Your Meds in 4 easy steps!
1) Watch our Mind Your Meds presentation. Click on the arrow “play” button below to get started.
2) Take a few minutes and let us know what you think!
3) Use what you have learned to review your medications and dispose of any expired or unused medications. Use these resources for safe disposal:
- Food & Drug Administration (FDA) drug disposal options
- FDA Safe Flush List (for medications that are OK to flush)
- Check your ZIP code for drug takeback options (for medications not OK to flush)
- Use the infographic below to safely dispose medications that are not OK to flush