Join the thousands of nursing homes across the nation that are receiving five years of no-cost assistance to improve performance. As a member of HQIN, you will learn to make sustainable changes that improve resident care and elevate your facility’s Star Rating.
As a participant in HQIN’s QIN-QIO work you will receive training, access to quality improvement tools and resources and data analyses to guide your progress. You also will receive coaching from locally based HQIN improvement experts made up of seasoned post-acute nurses and administrators, including an MDS specialist and QAPI-certified professionals. In addition to improving care at the local level, you will contribute to these significant national goals:
- Increase the proportion of facilities with 3 or more stars
- Reduce avoidable hospital readmissions and emergency department visits.
- Prevent adverse drug events like delirium, diarrhea, hypoglycemia, abnormal bleeding or bruising.
- Decrease high-dose opioid prescribing for residents who are not terminally ill or otherwise excluded.
- Reduce hospitalizations for facility-onset C.difficile and contribute data to establish national baselines for health care-acquired infections.