Hospitals & Health Systems
Hospitals and health systems participating in the Health Quality Innovation Network (HQIN), join local providers, organizations and agencies to decrease avoidable hospital admissions and readmissions by improving care coordination. Depending on your location, you will join an existing coalition or become a charter member of a new one focused on the special challenges of your community.
As a participant in HQIN’s QIN-QIO work you will receive training, access to quality improvement tools and resources and data analyses to guide their progress. You also receive coaching from locally based HQIN improvement experts including community health, social work and ambulatory care professionals, to help develop local solutions that make care safer, more accessible and less costly. In addition to improving care in your community, you will contribute to these significant national goals:
- Reduce avoidable hospital admissions and readmissions.
- Develop effective alternatives to emergency department visits and hospital admissions for “super-utilizer” patients who frequently visit the ER.
- Increase access to behavioral health care for people with depression, substance use disorders and dementia.
- Prevent opioid misuse, overdoes and deaths while increasing treatment availability.
- Decrease adverse drug events for older adults.
- Expand screening for chronic kidney disease and access to lifestyle change programs for people with cardiac risks or diabetes.
- Reduce C.difficile in all care settings.